background

7.24.2012

On my way back!

On my way back!

To God be the glory!

Jehovah-Rapha/MY HEALER is the name of God I have been focusing on the past 5 weeks. God has been so faithful to me every second of this scary journey.  He has drawn me so close to Him through this and is teaching me to rely on Him every second of every day, not just when life gets tough but ALL the time.  He is teaching me to be thankful for everything He has given me and not to take anything for granted. It's so easy to get caught up in what I want and my plans that I lose sight of what is really important in life.  I never considered the vast importance and comfort of being able to breath unhindered.  I tell ya, having trouble breathing is one of the scariest things I've ever experienced.  It was in those moments that God held me the tightest and gave me comfort that I could find no where else.  I give Him all the glory for healing me and carrying me through.   

Workout Update:

As you can imagine I have been more than ready to get back to working out and running.  My last run was over 5 weeks ago! I have to be honest, I've been worried that all my hard work the past 2 years or so building up my mileage would be hurt having to take off 5 weeks. I'm really hoping that's not the case.

I decided to go to the gym and do a fairly light work out on July 15th.  I biked 6.3 miles, did light weights, and walked a mile on the 'mill. It was so refreshing to be back in the gym, but I was so sore the next day! It was a good kind of sore, a productive kind of sore, and I loved it!

I decided to wait several days before going back, I didn't want to do too much to fast.  I went back July 21st, 6 days later.  I was dying to run but still unsure if it would be the smartest thing to do since I still had a small cough and a little tightness in my chest.  However, I knew how great I felt the first time I worked out and my breathing was fine then so...you know me...I went for it!!!

I started out walking 1 mile with an incline. I sped my walking up the closer I got to the end of the mile to test my breathing.  It seemed OK, so when the 'mill said 1 mile I increased the speed and started running.  I'm sure people thought I was a little nuts because I was smiling so big.  I ran 1.3 blissful miles.  I wanted to go further but my left knee was hurting a little bit and decided not to push it. 

I went back yesterday, the 23rd, and was so excited to run again.  This time my goal was 2 miles but I felt so great that I ran 2.5! I also biked a 5 minute warm up and did 30 minutes of weights. I finally feel like I'm getting my groove back and I'm so thankful.

Here's a few running motivation quotes!

"Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."
--Kathleen Harris

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up."
–-Dean Karnazes












Gotta head to bed...I have a date with my running shoes in the morning!


God Bless!





2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I know that had to feel great! 5 weeks is a long time, but someone once told me that our bodies don't loose muscle (maybe muscle mass)... so I'm sure a little build up and you will quickly be back to where you were :)

    My race was so good! haha... wrote a little blog about it! I ran 4.9 miles in about 51 minutes. It was a beach run, which provided a nice breeze, but it was rough on a certain area where the sand was "fresh". I was totally encouraged by these old people who totally outran most of the people there! haha. It was really great!

    Best wishes this week on your running! love these motivational quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beach race, wow, I'm impressed! Running on the sand is a thousand times harder than running on asphalt. Good Job!!! What is your blog address, I guess I didn't know you had one! Keep up the good work and thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete