Final Training Days
11/20/2012
I headed to the park on this gorgeous Tuesday morning for a fun 3 miler.
I'm feeling super ready for the half NEXT SATURDAY!!!
My splits were...
Mile 1 - 9:21
Mile 2 - 8:38
Mile 3 - 8:15
Total Time - 26:26
Total Distance - 3.02 Miles
Later that day I was able to pick up my heroes singlet! Yippee!!!
Sara, Me, and Candace after we rocked the Turkey Trot
Turkey Trot Mile Splits
The Turkey Trot was a fun race. We made the mistake of starting too far back in the pack of 3000+ people. It's just so hard judging where to line up when it isn't broken down into race paces. We spent the whole race passing person after person. There was a lot of running in the grass and passing passing passing. That's ok, it was a gorgeous day and I'm already looking forward to next year's race.
Thanksgiving was a success. We had delicious food, desserts, and wonderful family time. Unfortunately Brock woke up that morning with a cough and fever. I felt a little off but nothing serious. Until Friday morning, when I woke up with a sore throat :( Needless to say, I'm loading up on my vitamins, esp. vitamin C, gargling with salt water, drinking plenty of fluids, and resting! I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE SICK NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!! I really hated to miss my final long run before the race, but figured to be smart and not make myself worse, I should sit it out. I feel very ready as far as training goes for next Saturday, so I didn't think missing one run would be a huge deal. I'm hoping to get my short runs in on Monday and Tuesday. Then rest Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Packet pick up is Thursday afternoon!!! I'm hoping to get a cute shirt or something at the Expo! It's crazy to think that this time next week, I will have completed my first half marathon!!! Bring it, I'm so excited!

for some reason, your blog doesn't show up on my news feed. I think it's due to the new title... but anyways, I found ya to wish you luck! I will def be checking in to see how the race went :)
ReplyDeleteBest wishes! You are gonna do awesome!
glad you found me :) And thank you, I'm so excited and nervous...all at the same time!
ReplyDelete