almost time...
With only 12 days until race day, to say that I'm excited would be a major understatement!!!! I absolutely cannot wait to get out there and run for the precious kids of St. Jude. My passion to help these precious little ones is ever growing and I just feel so blessed to have the privilege to help in any way that I can.
I'm also THRILLED to announce that, with your help, I've reached 105% of my personal fundraising goal! A HUGE thank you to those of you who have donated! That is what makes this race so special! Y'all are amazing! In fact, since I've been writting this post, it went from 77% to 105%. Thanks SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are still wanting to donate, please do - I'd love to raise as much as we can!
It's super easy. Simply follow this link and follow the instructions.
Training Update!
Let me tell you something, I've learned so much about myself these past several months. I've learned that I'm physically capable of so much more than I have ever given myself credit for. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that I'm proving to myself that I can do whatever I set my mind too...with a LOT of hard work, sweat, and tears! It's so liberating and I'm loving every second. Of course there are painful moments involved in training but the pay off is so worth it!
Saturday morning was gorgeous! It was a little chilly at first but it quickly warmed up. I have been nervous about my knees and the fact that they have been hurting during and after some of my runs. I was grateful that they didn't hurt during my run on Saturday. We decided to tune into Pandora and run to some Christmas tunes. I'll admit, at first I wasn't crazy about the idea because we haven't even made it to Thanksgiving yet! However, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the fun and festive music! I can't convince D to listen to it yet...he says, one holiday at a time! Haha.
Around mile 5 I spotted a runner sporting the St. Jude Heroes 50th anniversary singlet! Let me tell you, it pumped me up!!! I believe I saw at least 5 runners during the course of the run wearing them. It made me want mine so badly! I received an email today that mine is ready for me to pick up! Yay!!! I plan on picking it up tomorrow! I'm receiving mine a little later than most people because Team Ingram/Vining is just plain awesome. They are having our team logo printed on each and every team members singlet! All 200 of us! By the way, our team has collectively raised OVER $300,000!!!! Seriously amazing!
So, For those of you who are wondering what in the world I'm talking about - a singlet is basically a running tank top and this year's is super special because St. Jude is celebrating 50 years of saving lives.
Me, Sara, and Candace after our 8 miler on Saturday
Saturday morning was gorgeous! It was a little chilly at first but it quickly warmed up. I have been nervous about my knees and the fact that they have been hurting during and after some of my runs. I was grateful that they didn't hurt during my run on Saturday. We decided to tune into Pandora and run to some Christmas tunes. I'll admit, at first I wasn't crazy about the idea because we haven't even made it to Thanksgiving yet! However, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the fun and festive music! I can't convince D to listen to it yet...he says, one holiday at a time! Haha.
Around mile 5 I spotted a runner sporting the St. Jude Heroes 50th anniversary singlet! Let me tell you, it pumped me up!!! I believe I saw at least 5 runners during the course of the run wearing them. It made me want mine so badly! I received an email today that mine is ready for me to pick up! Yay!!! I plan on picking it up tomorrow! I'm receiving mine a little later than most people because Team Ingram/Vining is just plain awesome. They are having our team logo printed on each and every team members singlet! All 200 of us! By the way, our team has collectively raised OVER $300,000!!!! Seriously amazing!
So, For those of you who are wondering what in the world I'm talking about - a singlet is basically a running tank top and this year's is super special because St. Jude is celebrating 50 years of saving lives.
here is sweet Ingram sporting the awesome 50th anniversary singlet!
Blast from the Past
Last year my awesome sister, Ashley, ran her 1st half marathon with her best friend, Kathy. They did amazing and I had the best time cheering them on and tracking their time! I'm telling you what, it ignited something inside of me and I knew that I would be a part of it this year, Lord willing.
Here are a few pics from last year's race.
Ashley & Kathy just before the race.
They did it!!!
I'm a proud little sister!
So, in 12 short days I'll be lining up to run in this amazing and life changing race!!! I can't wait!!!!!
God bless!
Allie





No comments:
Post a Comment