background

11.13.2012

update

Goodness, how I have slacked on this blog!  A lot has happened in the 2 weeks since I last blogged. 
 
A few memories...
 
 
We celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary!!!! We had a fun date and I got some killer cowgirl boots! He got his Trek road bike ( a month or so ago )


 We also celebrated Brock's 5th birthday! We had a fun day at the Children's Museum, lunch at Macaroni Grill, shopping at Toys R Us, plenty of cake, and lots of laughs. 
 
Cannot believe my BABY is 5!!!
 
 
 
 
We also had a fun Saturday hanging out at the Collierville Square.  We shopped, played on the train tracks, ate a fantastic lunch, and just had good old family time!
 

 
 
Emma had her first Ignite ensemble performance at the fall fest at church on Halloween.  Then we had a fun time of playing games, riding ponies, and getting way too much candy!
 
 
  She is the cutie with the boots on in the middle.
 

 
Emma was an equestrian rider, without her helmet - and Brock was Darth Vader, without his mask! LOL
 
 
Brock learned to swing all by himself!!! He gives all the credit to Madi, his cousin, for teaching him,  but he forgets the many times I showed him. :)

 
I've enjoyed some seriously beautiful sunsets!
 
There are so many other little things that have been blessings in the past few weeks, but those were just a few. 
 
 
 
Now for an update on my running...
 
 
The last time I blogged I had just run 11 miles :) I've been training hard the past 2 weeks but have been battling my left knee off and on.  It started hurting the day I did 11, so I rested it for several days.  The next few runs were short and it didn't bother me so I figured it was over.  Unfortunately, my next long run the following Saturday, it started hurting again.  This time it was at mile 8 and I had to cut the run .20 of a mile short.  I was so bummed because I felt amazing everywhere else and felt like I could run forever.  The weird part was as soon as the run ended it stopped hurting??!! It felt great the rest of the day.  I'm so confused at this point because I've run several times since then pain free but yesterday I just felt like it was weak.  It felt great when I ran yesterday morning but started a dull ache for the remainder of the day.  Today, I ran 3 and it felt good, but it's been that dull ache all day again.  I wore my knee brace for most of the day today in hopes for a quick fix.  So, for now I think I need to take it easy and just be safe and cautious.  The LAST thing I want to do at this point is make it worse and not be able to run the 1/2 in 3 weeks. I know I've put in the training the past several months and I know I'm ready to run a good race.  Now, I need to focus on making sure my knee is well rested for the big day! So, I'm not sure what my training is going to look like the next few weeks but I do know that I'll be ready to race!!! 18 short days left!!!
 
 
Allie
 
 
 
 
 
 




 

                       


No comments:

Post a Comment