Yesterday I had my day all planned out in my head how it was going to go and how I was going to accomplish X,Y, and Z...
Well, Brock woke up coughing and stuffy so I ended up keeping him home from school. Enter, Plan B. Here's what plan A would have looked like. Drop Brock off at school, come home and super clean the house. It's way overdue and having him away at school is really the only time I can super clean. Ya know, not just straighten up and running the vacuum thru the middle, but CLEANING. Then, that afternoon since my mom was going to pick him up from school, I had plans to meet Candace and we were going to work out.
Instead, here's what my plan B looked like. I stayed home all day, did not clean, did not workout. Just keeping it real, friends! Sometimes things just don't go as planned, but I did however snuggle with my baby who wasn't feeling the best. I'd say in the grand scheme of things, plan B was much more important anyway :)
So, since I didn't workout yesterday, day 6 of the 7 day challenge was today. I was a little sluggish this morning and really didn't want to do much of anything. However, I know that when I feel that way the absolute best thing I can do is to get moving. Sure enough after about 50 jumping jacks, I was already starting to perk up.
Here is the breakdown of day #6.
400 JJ
400 Squats - 200 reg. / 200 plea
400 Crunches - 200 reg. / 100 oblique with 8 lb. weight / 100 bicycle
120 Push ups
I break the sets up this way...
100 JJ
100 Squats
100 Crunches
30 Pushups
For a total of 4 sets! I try to have very little rest time in between activities. The harder I can keep my heart pumping the better. You burn more calories that way.
So, I got a crazy little idea to have my sweet Emma video me while doing the final set. I'm a very visual person and I know that sometimes it just helps to have a visual esp. if you are joining me in this challenge, which I hope you are! So, here it is...no make up, Brock running around, Emma talking to the dog (Kassie) etc... LOL Oh well, it's life - just goes to show that even if things are hectic - you can still work out! I did catch a mistake in the video..I said I was using a 10lb. weight, I'm using an 8 lb. I use a 10 pounder at the gym and an 8 pounder at home since that's all I have.
As you may have noticed, the total numbers for JJ, squats, and crunches have greatly increased from the original challenge of...
400 JJ
300 Squats
200 Crunches
100 pushups
The first few days were hard, but it has gotten much easier. I hesitate to use the word easy because it's not easy, it's just gotten easier. I'm still a sweaty mess when I'm done. I just wanted to continue to challenge myself and push even harder.
There also is a challenge that my friend, Caroline posted on instagram. I've never been a fan of Wall Sits, but I guess I'm in the "challenge" mode. I couldn't say no. It sounded easy enough, right. I kinda skipped the first 2 days, so I jumped right in on day 3. 30 seconds in a wall sit. It burned towards the end for sure, but I HAD just completed 800 reps of leg work ;) All I gotta say is my legs better look good in my shorts this summer ;)
That's all I have for you tonight. God bless!


Awesome job, girl! Very inspiring! I think the video addition was a great idea! Moms need to see that you can workout in the midst of kids and dogs. :) I actually think I will be moving my workout home this summer, so this really helps! Let's run soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! Yes, I'm up for a run anytime!
ReplyDelete