background

5.18.2012

late poster


Sorry for the lack of workout updates lately! I've been consistently working out but just haven't sat down to tell you about it. 

Sunday, May 13 - Mother's Day

Today was a special run for two reasons.

#1 - My sweet Emma ran with me for the first mile! She did so good and I'm so proud of her.  We talked about how running is 90% mental and how thinking positive thoughts when the going gets tough can make a huge difference.  I even have -Mind over Miles- on my RoadId band so each time I need a reminder it's right there.  Anyway, she is a champ and did fantastic!

#2 - I ran 7 miles total!!! After the first mile, I passed Emma to Daniel and Brock, ran to the bathroom and then continued running.  I ran 6 miles in 57:02 and it felt fantastic! It was the farthest I'd ever run by a mile.  My legs were definitely getting tired toward the end but overall I felt great.  We finished the day with a cookout, playing 4 square, and making S'mores with my parents and sister. Happy Mother's Day to me! I also got a gift card to Dick's and happily used it the next day!!

Off We Go!

Almost done

She did it!

My sweetie

Me and my sis - "fighting" over a marshmallow :)

My beautiful mom

best kids on the planet!









Since I logged 17.5 miles this past week I decided to take it easy this week. 


Wednesday, May 16

I was at the gym today.  Ran 3 "hilly" miles on the 'mill and did 30 minutes of weights.  Focused on calves and abs.



Friday, May 18


This morning I met my friend Candace at 6am for a run.  It was definitely different getting up at 5:30 but it was totally worth it.  We ran 4.26 miles in 41:37.  Because it's only getting hotter outside we will be meeting several times a week to run early and beat the heat!





On a different note, it was Emma's first day of summer break and we decided to have some fun!  We colored, went bowling, did some shopping, went swimming & ate pizza.  What a great day!!!




Love my girl 



Just in case you are wondering what he is doing...he picked this flower from Mersie's (my mom) garden and wanted to see if he could stick it to his nose! Silly boy!


she had to try too! :)



Pool time with Grandaddy



Bowling time with MersMersie

2 comments:

  1. Allie-

    I was wondering if you had a half marathon training schedule that you recommend. There is a 1/2 marathon here in late September, and I have convinced myself that I want to give it a shot.

    Let me know if you have a schedule that you like/ suggest..

    Thanks!

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm just now seeing your comment, sorry! I will be using Hal Higdon's half training starting very soon for my first half in Dec. There are many different plans to choose from based on your level :)

    ReplyDelete