background

5.02.2012

Run and be happy!


I have two runs to tell you about today. 

Yesterday we had dinner with my parents.  I decided to run in their neighborhood before dinner.  It was around 4 when I ran and was nervous because it was so hot and last time I ran in the heat, it didn't go so well. 
It was pretty tough but I found a sprinkler to run through, which was so nice! I ran 3.24. I hate stopping at a distance like that but it's what it read when I made it back to their house.  I much prefer seeing my mileage at a flat distance like 3, 4.5 or 10...haha, not yet, but soon :) I'm just weird like that I guess!  I also had eaten taco soup for lunch and was battling heart burn. Yuck!!! But, overall I was pleased with my run!


Today I was at the gym.  I rode the bike for 4 miles on the cardio setting.  It adjusts the resistance so you can reach your target heart rate.  Mine, being 30, is 153 and I really tried to stay on that heart rate so I could burn the most calories possible.  I did weights for 30 minutes and then jumped on the 'mill.  I ran 4 miles in 42 minutes. I ran the first two with an incline of 2 and slowly lowered it toward the end of the run.  Is it me or does the treadmill seem way faster than running outside? It seems when I run at 6.0 or 10 minute miles that I'm flying on the 'mill but when I'm outside running 10 minute miles I feel slow? It's a mystery!!! Anyway, I was dead tired when I left the gym..I was there almost 2 hours!!!

Hopefully I'll have recipes soon, we have been enjoying our freezer meals and eating out or with other ppl!

God Bless,
Allie

3 comments:

  1. I ran in the heat two days ago and my shoulder started cramping.. lol. I thought about your toe cramp. Too bad I didn't have any bananas. haha.

    I've been meaning to ask-- what kind of pedometer do you use? I never know if I can trust the "map my run" app on my phone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope my app is right on my phone cause that's all I use to measure my distance. However, you have me thinking and I just downloaded a free pedometer app. I'll let ya know how it works! Thanks!http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pedometer-free/id362306160?mt=8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay thanks... I've used the map my run while walking my dogs one time and i never went back to re-check the milage. ill try out the pedometer app too.... thanks!

      Delete