background

5.10.2012

New running buddy!

Reporting 2 workouts!


Wednesday, May 9


I was in the gym and started with the bike.  I rode 4.5 miles, hills, level 8.  After the bike I lifted weights for 30 minutes.  I wanted to run but didn't want to overdo since I had run 5 miles the day before.  I ran for 1 mile with a starting incline of 2 and slowly increased the incline and ended with an incline of 8.  Whew, that was tough.  I basically ran a big hill for a mile! Felt great!



Thursday, May 10


Today was special.  My daughter, Emma, told me that she wanted to start running with me! I am so happy that she is showing interest in my hobby!  She did amazing and ran 1 mile on her first run! I couldn't be more proud of her.  She said she could have gone further but I thought it would be best to start slow.  She wants to run tomorrow! I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be a rest day for me because I've had 3 consecutive pretty hard workouts and my body is tired.

After our run, I took her over to Daniel and Brock who were playing baseball and headed out for my run.  I ran 3.5 in 31:58 - My fastest time yet.  I felt great! It was still morning so the sun wasn't super intense yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment