I finally ran out of freezer meals and have been forced to cook!!! I have to say it's about time for another cooking and freezing day. It has been super nice not having to worry about every meal and what to cook. I've obviously cooked other meals that haven't made it on the blog for various reasons, mainly time, but here are 4 new and super simple recipes that I've more or less created myself.
The first one isn't a meal as much as a side dish however, I turned the leftovers into a meal. So, I guess if you count that I have 5 recipes for you. SCORE!
Trio of Fresh Veggies Side Dish
Ingredients:
One green pepper
4 ears of fresh corn - uncooked and the corn cut off the cob
several handfuls of mini carrots, diced small
EVOO- to coat the pan
A generous dash of Ruth Ann's Muskego Ave Chicken and fish seasoning
(find it at Penzey's Spices)
How To:
It's so easy. All you do is clean, dry and chop your veggies. Chop small to cut down on cooking time. Don't chop the corn (obviously, just cut it off the cob)
Next, add a good swirl or two of EVOO in your hot pan/skillet, add veggies, seasoning, and stir frequently. It takes around 20 minutes for the veggies to cook. Be careful not to overcook. That's it! I served this side dish with baked sweet potatoes and chicken. It was yummy!
How I used the leftovers....
Veggie Tortilla
Ingredients:
butter
leftover veggies
cheese (of your choice)
I heated up the griddle the following day and lightly buttered 2 tortillas. I put one on the warm griddle, added sliced cheese and the veggie mixture. Topped it with the other buttered tortilla, flipped it once, cut it into 4ths and called it lunch. It was pretty good, easy and healthy! I ate it with veggie chips and water!
Fruit Smoothie
The next recipe I have to share is a simple smoothie. I buy all the ingredients from Aldi and save tons of $$
It's probably one you've made a hundred times, but I thought I'd share it anyway since I make it several times a week.
Ingredients:
Y'all know I don't measure so do your best...
Frozen strawberries
Frozen mixed fruit - blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries
Fresh Banana or 2
Milk
To Do:
Blend it all together until smooth
It's the perfect breakfast, snack or just because smoothie!
Baked Red Potatoes
I usually bake Yukon gold or russet but decided to use red this time. I think I like this recipe using red the best!
Ingredients:
Red Potatoes (however many your fam needs)
1/2 stick melted butter
3 cloves minced garlic
dash of onion powder
dash of salt and pepper
Dice potatoes and add melted butter, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Oven to 425 and bake for 30 minutes. Pull out of the oven and add a good handful of Parmesan cheese, stir and place back in oven for 10 minutes.
With the Potatoes, I served chicken with an apricot honey glaze.
Apricot Honey Glaze
I know the ingredients may sound strange, but trust me...it's amazing!
Ingredients:
2 spoonfulls Apricot Jam
A generous squeeze of honey
2 minced garlic cloves
dash of cloves
dash of ginger
dash of pumpkin Pie Spice (Penzey's)
How To:
Simply mix ingredients together on the stove and stir well. Add a top cooked chicken and enjoy!
It's probably one you've made a hundred times, but I thought I'd share it anyway since I make it several times a week.
Ingredients:
Y'all know I don't measure so do your best...
Frozen strawberries
Frozen mixed fruit - blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries
Fresh Banana or 2
Milk
To Do:
Blend it all together until smooth
It's the perfect breakfast, snack or just because smoothie!
Baked Red Potatoes
I usually bake Yukon gold or russet but decided to use red this time. I think I like this recipe using red the best!
Ingredients:
Red Potatoes (however many your fam needs)
1/2 stick melted butter
3 cloves minced garlic
dash of onion powder
dash of salt and pepper
Dice potatoes and add melted butter, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Oven to 425 and bake for 30 minutes. Pull out of the oven and add a good handful of Parmesan cheese, stir and place back in oven for 10 minutes.
With the Potatoes, I served chicken with an apricot honey glaze.
Apricot Honey Glaze
I know the ingredients may sound strange, but trust me...it's amazing!
Ingredients:
2 spoonfulls Apricot Jam
A generous squeeze of honey
2 minced garlic cloves
dash of cloves
dash of ginger
dash of pumpkin Pie Spice (Penzey's)
How To:
Simply mix ingredients together on the stove and stir well. Add a top cooked chicken and enjoy!

gonna use the potato recipe tonight! I bought a bag of red potatoes, and this sounds the perfect recipe! thanks!
ReplyDeleteThat's great!!! I actually had the potatoes with my lunch today and used the apricot glaze on top...yum!
ReplyDelete