background

3.28.2013

Challenge


A few days ago, a friend of mine posted a challenge on facebook. The challenge was for 7 days and it consist of these exercises every day for the 7 days.

400 Jumping Jacks
300 Squats
200 Crunches
100 Push ups

I eagerly accepted the challenge and quickly shared it with my workout buddy.  She, being a great workout buddy & a little crazy like me, accepted!

I don't think I processed just how many reps of each exercises there were involved here....however....

Yesterday, I completed day 1.  I even got the kiddos involved :) We set smaller goals, of course, for each of them and we began.  Brock flew through his set (he did 20 of everything).  Emma struggled a little but did excellent! She did 200 Jumping Jacks, 100 squats, 50 crunches, and 30 push ups. Whoop - GO EMMA!

I was multi-tasking a little bit in between sets and cooked lunch.  I made Chicken & Wild Rice Soup! YUM!!! Don't get me wrong, I welcomed the short breaks!

I'm happy to say I completed the challenge in full!!!  It took me around an hour with cooking in between the sets.  I won't lie and say it was easy.  It was hard and I definitely struggled toward the end, esp. with the Push ups. I HATE PUSH UPS!!!

I even added a little extra to the challenge and while in the shower, I did 100 calf raises. 

I woke up today SO SORE!!! I love being this kind of sore, it's a productive pain!

I did notice I looked a little pasty white in  my workout shorts. Time to break out the sunless tanner!

Fortunately, one of the products I sell with Rodan + Fields is a Sunless Tanner. So last night I used it on my legs, it was time to get rid of the pasty white! I seriously love this product! It is a foam so it goes on so smoothly and evenly. Yay!!! No more white winter legs!

So, today when I woke up I let out a silent scream when my feet hit the floor. My thighs hurt so bad!!! Luckily as the morning went on the soreness let up a bit.  The last thing I wanted to do was skip day 2. So, I dropped Brock off at school and I had a little over an hour to work out until I had to get ready to go to his Easter party. 

I was literally dreading the first few Jumping Jacks and squats.  I knew it was going to hurt, but I kept saying...no pain...no gain..and got started.  I cranked up Toby Mack on Pandora Radio and had a great workout!

I only thought I was sore before...I can barely move my legs without pain tonight. Haha! Oh well, better rest up for tomorrows sets! Bring it day 3!!!

So, will you join me in this challenge??? I dare ya ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment