background

9.04.2012

Labor day weekend


 
There are several runs/workouts to update on.  The weekend was busy and fun and I didn't want want to stop to blog :)
 
I'm going to keep it short and sweet because this girl is tired! I've been cleaning my house ALL day!!!
 
Friday was my long run day this week.  My running buddy, Candace, was going to be out of town Saturday so we bumped it up a day.  Hurricane Isaac was supposed to be making it's grand appearance Thursday night and into Friday morning so we met at the gym.  Even though "he" didn't show up until Saturday night, we were already at the gym and decided to run on the 'mill.  We figured as soon as we decided to go outside, it would start to rain. Ha ha!
 
The farthest I'd ever run was 7 miles.  Today, my goal was 8.  I was excited to hit this milestone! 
 
The miles surprisingly flew by.  I watched coverage on the storm and listened to Pandora.  
 
Not realizing, at the time, that the 'mill only allows you to use it for 60 minutes before it automatically goes into "cool down" mode. I was so happy to only have 2 miles to go and was enjoying watching the miles pile up.  I was so so so sad when the 'mill decided it was time for me to cool down.  I had to completely stop (for 2 seconds) and restart the 'mill.  Let me tell ya, that was no fun looking down and seeing the mileage back at zero! I finally got over the disappointment and just pretended that it was still a 6 miles and counting.  Luckily I looked down at my exact mileage just before it shut down.  It made it easy to know how much further I had to go.  The final 2 miles flew by and Candace and I celebrated our victory with a couple of woo-hoos and we-did-its! I don't know my exact time since it shut off but I figured it out to be close based on the 'mill speed.  I ran 8M in 1:16 minutes!
 
My legs were so tired the rest of the day.  I stretched and used the foam roller several times.  Towards the end of the day I noticed my hip area on both legs getting more sore by the minute.  Of course with my previous injury in that exact area, I was a little nervous.  Not that I had broken anything, but that the muscles may be weaker than they need to be.  I looked online for some additional stretches for the IT band area.  They seemed to help.  I'm going to focus on making sure my hip, glutes, and core are strong enough to support everything I'm asking my body to do. 
 
I rested on Saturday - slept in till 8:30 - that was awesome! Daniel and I had a date that night - dinner at Texas DE Brazil...YUMMY...oh yes, I ate a TON and had the most amazing dessert ever! I practically waddled out of there but it was totally worth it :) 
 
Sunday I cross-trained.  I biked for 9 miles, did weights, and walked a mile on the 'mill.  I got new shoes on Friday and wanted to see how they felt walking but didn't want to run since I was still sore.  I love them! Brooks Ghost 5!
 
 
Monday, Labor Day, I went to the park alone and ran at about 9am.  Oh my stars, it was HOT AND HUMID!!! Overall, a great run. First time running in my new kicks and really liked them! Felt great and no pain - which is always a good thing.
 
Stats - 3 M - 27 min.
 
Mile 1 - 9:21
Mile 2 - 8:45
Mile 3 - 9:06
 
 
Today, I met Candace at 6 am for a 3 miler.  Our pace was slower the first mile - we were both tired from the busy weekend.  It gradually picked up throughout the run. 
 
Stats - 3.13 M - 32 min.
 
Mile 1 - 11:10
Mile 2 - 10:05
Mile 3  - 9:34
 
So, that's that. 
 
I'm excited about this week because on Thursday and Sunday, I have meetings reguarding my St. Jude Heroes team- team Ingram! Can't wait!
 
 
God Bless,
 









No comments:

Post a Comment