background

8.29.2012

'mill run



 
This is so true, I'm pretty competitive and can't help but "race" the person next to me.  Today it was Candace and some older lady.  Pretty sure I beat the older lady and Candace and I tied :)


So, you guessed it.  Today I ran on the 'mill.  The weather was actually nice but since it is also "strength" day, we decided it would be better to just run inside the gym instead of around it.  It was actually a very enjoyable run.  I felt great and the run was fairly effortless.  I even pushed pace and ran with an incline of 1.5 to 2 most of the run.  I was sweaty and hot but not dying or miserable!  I was pretty surprised since my pace was considerably faster.  I didn't look at the timer on the 'mill right when I switched from my warm up walk to running.  So, I don't know exactly how long it took.  I do know that I was in the 8-9 Min per mile range the whole run.  So we are going to say that I ran 3M in 26:50.  That's like 8:56 average pace.  After stretching for a second, it was time for strength.   We did lunges, squats, arm work, more leg work, and ab work.  Overall, a great training session.  Tomorrow will be a rest day and my long run this week will be on Friday.  It's looking like rain Friday morning so it may be another 'mill run.  That's OK, I'll make sure to bring my headphones and when that gets boring maybe something fun will be on the TV! 

No comments:

Post a Comment