I love this quote! "Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started." It's so very true in life and in running. It's easy to say when you've been running for a while - Oh, I just ran 3 today. But, I remember the first time I laced up my crappy running shoes and began my running journey. I was TERRIBLE, slow, had no endurance, and determined to get better all at the same time. I could barely make it a quarter of the way around a lake that is 1.67 miles long. I remember thinking how excited I would be when I was able to run the entire 1.67 without stopping. I continued to work on reaching that goal and eventually did and quicker than I thought I could. Then I remember wanting to tackle a 5K distance without stopping. I continued to train hard and was soooo exited when I reached that goal. I could keep going, but you get the point. I never want to forget how it was to start. It was hard but I have loved every minute over the past few years. I've overcome injury and illness but am still determined to set and reach new goals. So, whether you are just starting or have been running for years - you have reached success if you haven't given up!!! Now get out there and work to reach your goals!
Today's run
The trail was super crowded today. There were a lot of running groups, individual runners, walkers, & bikers. We ran 6.04 in 1:01. It was a great run and I felt really good today. The schedule said to run 4M but since our schedule was off from the rain and such we added some mileage. I'm happy we did :)
I have an annoying bruised feeling in the top of my left food down by my 3rd toe. I'm PRAYING it's nothing more than a bruise or strained muscle. It's been bugging me off and on for a week or so but it's not a consistent hurt so I'm not that worried about it. It's weird because it comes and goes?! My logic tells me if it's something serious it would hurt all the time like my stress fracture did. Anyway, I'm watching it and will take it easy for a few days if it continues or worsens.
Hope you have a fantastic Saturday!
Shalom, Allie


No comments:
Post a Comment