background

8.28.2012

If your body is SCREAMING, tell it to shut up!!!



Some runs are easy. Some runs are hard. Last night's run proved to be hard both mentally and physically. I just couldn't find my groove.  I had to tell my body to be quite multiple times during the 4 mile run.  My legs were burning and heavy and quite frankly I wanted to stop and go home.  However, I continued and ran in the midst of my whining.  The thing about running is you never know when you will have an off day.  It's like a sneaky fox that comes out of no where.  Not sure why I picked a fox, could be anything, but you get the point.  I was determined to not dwell on the difficult run when it was over and simply call it what it was, and move on.  We, the women's running group, ran 4 miles in 40 minutes.  I don't have the exact splits this time because I was trying out a different app.  I have been using RunKeeper and really like it but I wanted to compare apps and see how they measured up to each other as far as distance and pace.  Candace used RunKeeper and I used MapMyRun+.  For some reason her app didn't work.  It said "activity started" but then didn't record any info during the run?! It's a mystery!


This morning was a new day and I had a run scheduled for 6am.  The alarm went off and I got up, got dressed, and hit the road.  I was happy to replace the hard run that I had yesterday with one that I hoped would be easier and more enjoyable.  The first mile was a little tough, but then I found my groove! Yay.  I felt pretty good the remainder of the run.  I went back to using the RunKeeper app.  I really like this app because it records my split times and I can look down at my phone and see the current distance and pace fairly easily during the run.

Splits -

Mile 1 - 10:19
Mile 2 - 9:41
Mile 3 - 9:24

Total distance - 3.26
Time - 31.40

Shalom,

Allie




2 comments:

  1. i hate hard runs too! but ya know what i've noticed if I'm fighting one day during the week... the next run is always pretty glorious! haha... maybe it's just my mind. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a run like this last Sunday morning. Everything just went wrong, but I finished.

    ReplyDelete