I enjoy the challenge of pushing myself and seeing the results of hard work. I get motivation from others as well. A simple, "good job" or "way to go", goes a long way in keeping your mind in the game. One of my favorite ways to get motivation is via the Internet. I simply google "running motivation" and TONS of cute little motivational pictures pop up. Some are funny. Some are serious. Some are brutally honest. I usually find one or two that seem to speak to me that particular day and draw motivation from them. But honestly my biggest motivation right now is the St. Jude 1/2 coming up in 100 days!!! I absolutely cannot wait and get excited every time I think about it!
So, How do you get your motivation?
Here's some for ya...
Reaching your goals = totally worth all the pain, sweat, and tears it takes to get there!!! When I say goals, I mean all goals - small and large. It could be to run 1 mile without stopping or to run a marathon. Whatever the goal - "It will hurt. It will take time. It will require willpower. You need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT!"
Workout updates
Monday, Aug. 20th.
Tonight was my night to run with the Women's Walk/Run running group. I had been looking forward to this run all week because last week Candace and I decided to run with the Int. 2 group instead of the Int. 1 group. I was a little nervous because I didn't know exactly what to expect. I got even more nervous when Candace couldn't make it. I started to really doubt myself and abilities. I don't know why I do this - but I do. I'm working on it, thought! I knew I had put the training in over the past several weeks and I should be able to perform well. But, self-doubt creeped in. Candace and my sister reassured me that I could do it and to just go for it! That's exactly what I needed to hear...the motivation I needed!
I arrived and knew NOBODY. I quickly made a friend :) We walked our 5 minute warm up and then took off. I was in the back of the pack at this point and knew quickly that I would make my way to the front. The pace towards the back was about a 12 minute mile. I weaved my way through the group and ran a stretch all by myself for a good 1/2 mile. There was a group of 5 girls I had my eye on and was trying to catch them. I was able to catch them and hang with them the rest of the run. They pushed my pace and I loved the challenge. There were times we were running a 7:48 pace! Most of the time we were in the 8:30 pace range but still, a lot faster than my normal 10 min. miles. We were booking it. I was so happy to be able to stay stride for stride with these girls. They all have run half and full marathons over the years. Yay! I felt so elated! It was a great experience and I'm glad I got over my self doubt and went for it!
I did notice, however, that my foot was hurting a bit when I got home. I was going to run Tuesday but when it still hurt that morning, I decided to take it easy. I wrapped it and went about my day.
Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2012
I was a tiny concerned as I laced up my shoes this morning to run. It was feeling much better but still had a nagging dull pain. Suprisingly it felt really good during the run. I was aware of it at the beginning but as the run progressed it felt better. We ran 3.1 in 31:27 - 10:09 avg. pace. We parked at the gym and ran the neighborhoods close by. We finished our run back at the gym and headed inside for strength. We focused on our arms and upper legs.
Great training week so far :)
Shalom, Allie



Awesome!! I ran with a run group recently and they were running around that pace too! haha! I like my 10 min mile (for now at least!) lol.
ReplyDeleteGreat that you stuck with them!