background

9.29.2012

NEVER QUIT

 
 
 
 
 
Today's run was hard period.  All I wanted to do was to get in my SUV, go pick up the kids, and go home.  Don't get me wrong, I wanted to run today and was excited I was able to.  However, my body didn't agree nor cooperate.  I felt pretty good the first 2 miles then I quickly went downhill.  Nothing majorly hurt or anything like that, I just didn't have it in me today.  I tried self motivation, focusing on my music, etc...nothing took my mind off of how hard this run felt. 
 
I'm contributing this to the fact that my schedule was off and the lack of food I had in my system.  Normally I'm up super early and done just in time for breakfast.  This morning the hubs had to work and Emma had a soccer game so I had to go later.  I grabbed a snack bar and coffee to eat on the way to her game.  I ran around 11:15 and ate a banana on the way to the park. We usually eat lunch around 11 so, I was going on a tiny breakfast and no lunch.  
 
So, my plan was to run 8.  I was good to get 6.  I had several walk breaks. My side was cramping so bad at one point it felt like someone was stabbing me (not that I've been stabbed, just guessing here).  Ha.  Basically my body was just not in the game today. 
 
BUT, I was determined to get 6 done so my goal of running 110M by tomorrow would be met.  I did it! 100% of that goal complete! When I set the goal it honestly was random.  I had just gotten RunKeeper and was messing around with the goals section and randomly picked a number of miles and a day to complete it.  I'd say it worked out pretty perfectly!
 
So, I'm thinking this run will make me stronger in the long run because I didn't quit! NEVER NEVER NEVER QUIT!!!
 
That's all I got tonight - the hubs just got home.  Time for some snuggle time!
 
Maybe I'll get a foot rub ;)
 
Y'all have a great night!
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you pushed through! Sometimes it's hard for me to run later in the day and with food in my stomach. Looking forward to running with you this coming week!

    ReplyDelete