"When I get tired, I remember those who can't run, what they would give to have this simple gift I take for Granted, and I run harder for them
I know they would do the same for me."
Author - Unknown
I love this quote! It's so true. I have been so blessed to have the ability to run, something so easily taken for granted!
As I train for the St. Jude 1/2, I'm constantly reminded of this simple truth. I am so honored to be able to run and raise money for these precious children. I put myself in their parents shoes for 2 seconds and the tears flow. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to go through the heartache these families encounter. I praise the Lord for healthy children but do not take their health for granted. It is a gift.
My goal of raising 1000 dollars for the kids of St. Jude seems small in light of their daily operating cost. $1.8 Million PER DAY. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that number. I want to do my part and I want to do it well. I cannot do it alone. I need your help!!! We have 59 days till race day and about 2 weeks shy of that to raise money. Please spread the word to friends and family. Together we can make a difference!
Go Here to be directed to my personal fundraising page. It only takes a second but the impact lasts a lifetime!
Training
Training this week has been good. Both days have been at the gym. Not my favorite but you do what you have to do.
Monday I ran 3.5 in 32 min. I had the 'mill on an incline of at least 1 the whole time. Most of the run it was on 2. I felt strong...much better than Saturday's run. Thank goodness! I finished up with about 20 minutes of strength.
Today, I ran 3 in 29 min. Again, I had the incline set to 1-2 most of the run. I like the feeling of "hills" on the 'mill. I arrived late due to setting my alarm incorrectly so I did some ab work and headed home.
I have 5 planned for tomorrow!
Have a blessed day!


way to go! can't wait to start running again!! ~~ good luck!! I know you are nearing the big race :) :)
ReplyDelete