Happy Valentines Day
My hubs is so sweet to me! I woke up to a delicious breakfast, a box of chocolates, a card, and the Braking Dawn movie!
He knows me so well!
 |
| bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and coffee! |
 |
notice the title on the card...To MY Queen!!! Oh yeah!
I wore my running shoes and work out clothes to breakfast so I would have no excuse an hour after I finished eating to hit the gym.
Here's what I accomplished:
Feb 14, 2012
I rode the bike hard for 20 minutes on hills. I covered 6 miles.
weights: arms, abs, legs
I finished up hitting the stair climber for 5 minutes on level 7. I climbed 380 stairs! Whew, that is one tough machine to conquer!
Notes: I felt good and strong today. Was worn out when I left! Yippee! That means progress!
I found this website today. It explains how important stretching is for runners. |
 |
ready to hit the gym
When I got home I had a little less that an hour to prepare lunch and eat before the hubs had to go to work. Here's what I made!
Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon
Ingredients:
12 oz. Penne Pasta 1 Tbsp. EVOO - extra virgin olive oil 6 slices pre-cooked bacon (I used leftovers from this morning's bfast) 5 or so cloves fresh minced garlic 2 14 oz. cans Hunt's diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning 1 bag fresh spinach 1 tsp. crushed red peppers (optional) salt/pepper to taste 1/2 tsp. onion powder 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning ( a mix of basil, oregano, parsley)
Chopped bacon...resist the urge to eat it all now!
beautiful fresh spinach
Spices and EVOO
Directions:
Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn heat on high. Add salt generously to the water. Otherwise your pasta will taste like nothing! Once boiling, cook your pasta. Don't overcook! Follow cooking instructions on package. Meanwhile, heat EVOO in a large saucepan and sautee' your chopped garlic for 2 minutes. Add cooked and chopped bacon to the garlic. Sautee' another couple of minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic! Add 2 cans of tomatoes, crushed red, salt/pepper, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Let simmer while pasta is cooking. When you have 2-3 minutes left in pasta cooking time, add spinach to the tomato mixture and stir well. Drain pasta and transfer to tomato mixture. Let simmer another minute or until heated through and well Incorporated. That's all there is to it. I served it with garlic toast :) garnish with a little Parmesan. Enjoy!!!
Here it is! Penne Pasta with Spinach and Bacon!
Sorry for the blurry pictures! Next time I'll pull out my Cannon and use it instead of my iPhone!
|

No comments:
Post a Comment