I recently bought a running training journal. I was so happy when it finally came in the mail so I could start using it right away. I received it on Tuesday Jan 30th and logged my first entry the next day.
I'll be posting my workouts regularly! Here are my workouts the past few weeks.
Jan 31, 2011
Route: Shelby farms Patriot Lake
Distance: 2.88
Time: 27:49
Notes: first 2 miles felt great. Left knee started hurting and had to stop :( Time to replace shoes!!!
Ever since my injury I approach running pain totally different. Before, I may have ignored the pain and kept running, but now I know better. I hated to stop, but knew it was the best thing to do.
My shoes were approaching a year old so I figured the knee pain may be associated with them wearing down. I went to Fleet Feet the next day and bought my new pair. I stuck with the Brooks Defyance series and bought the updated model, Brooks Defyance 5. I was shocked with how different they felt compared to my old ones. The support system had definitely worn down and had I continued to run with them an injury would have surely followed!
| Brooks Defyance 5 |
I took the next 2 days off to rest my knee. I iced it several times a day and wore a brace.
Feb. 4, 2012
Location: Gym
Cross Training: Bike 5 miles, elliptical 1.5 miles, walked 1 mile on 'mill (treadmill) on high incline. Weights: arms and abs
Feb. 6, 2012
Location: Gym/'Mill
Distance: 1 mile/ run
Time: 11 minutes
Notes: 1st run in new shoes Felt good - no knee pain!!!
Cross-training: 5 miles on bike; weights
Feb. 7, 2012
Location: Home
Today I worked out at home. I did tons of crunches, planks, squats (with 8 lb dumbbell in each hand, leg lifts, arm curls (with dumbbells), jumping jacks
Feb. 8, 2012
Distance: 1.1 miles/run
Time: 11 minutes
Notes: bike and weights before run. Felt great - no pain :)
cross-training: 6 miles on bike; weights
Feb. 9, 2012
Rest Day
Feb. 10, 2012
Location: Gym/'Mill
Distance: 1.5 Miles/Run
Time 15 minutes
Notes: bike and weights before run again. Felt good
Cross-training: 6 miles on bike; weights
Feb 11 & 12
Rest Days
We had a super busy weekend. Daniel and I attended the Passionate Love Conference at Bellevue on Saturday. It was fantastic. We learned valuable information on how to maintain a Christ-centered marriage! We also had a fun birthday party to attend and a full morning of church on Sunday. We had a blessed weekend!
Feb 13, 2012
Location: Gym/'Mill
Distance: 2 miles
Time: 22 minutes
Cross-training: Elliptical 1.5 miles. I really tried to watch my heart rate and stay within my age range limit. You burn more calories that way :) ; weights
Also, today is my niece's 10th birthday!!! Love you Madison Mackenzie Cooley!!!
| Madi is the cutie in the middle of my 2 sweeties, Emma and Brock |


No comments:
Post a Comment