I started at the gym on the bike and rode for 4.75 miles. I rode intervals on level 8. I like intervals because you ride hard for a minute or so and then the intensity lets up for a bit so your legs can rest until the intensity goes back up.
After the bike I hit the weights. I did light weights today because I was going running as soon as I left the gym. I focused on abs and my calves.
I grabbed a 10 pound round weight and the core abs ball and got to work. I did 4 sets of 25. Each time I came forward with the sit up, I straightened my arms. When I sat back, I brought the weight back to my chest. I hope that makes sense.
![]() |
| core abs ball |
I love this calf machine. I use it every time I go to the gym. I honestly have no idea how many reps I did today but usually I just go until I can't anymore. I set the weight at 100lbs and go for it. This machine makes me a happy girl! Love the results I achieve from using it. It builds great running muscles!
![]() |
| horizontal calf machine |
I also spent some time on the leg press machine.
Then, I headed to Shelby Farms. Today was gorgeous and 63 degrees. There was no way I was running on the 'mill today.
I walked briskly for 5 minutes and then took off. I felt really strong throughout my run.
I got a cramp at mile 2...grrr...I hate cramps! I learned the best trick from my hubs about getting rid of running cramps. When you exhale, make sure you exhale all your breath before you breathe in again. Take a normal breath in and exhale out completely again. Repeat a few times and it amazingly takes care of my cramps every time! I sometimes have to repeat the breathing exercise a few times but it always works in the end!
When I got rid of the cramp the rest of the run was pretty easy.
My average pace was 9:59 min/mile and I ran 3.20 in 31:37.
Recap:
Feb 21,2012
Location: Park
Distance: 3.20
Time: 31:37
cross-training: weights; bike 4.75 (15 min)



Sounds like a great workout! I had a fellow Marine wife that ran with me for a while (before she moved) and she told me the reason Marines sing cadence while they run is to exercise good breathing . I doubt I will start doing that, but it's helpful to keep in mind. lol.
ReplyDelete