background

3.04.2011

2 NEW recipes and a good run!



I have 2 new recipes for y'all today. 
Last night I prepared what I'm gonna call Chicken and Egg Burritos.

They are delicious, easy and kid friendly.  I wasn't sure what to make for dinner last night and I have made similar burritos before just with out the chicken.  Usually they are more of a breakfast food, but with the chicken, sour cream, and A1 - I think it classifies as a dinner meal.

Ingredients:

*     1/2 pound of chicken
*     Evoo
*     5 eggs (I made 3 burritos)
*     about a cup of shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese ( I used monterey jack )
*     salt and pepper to taste
*     flour tortillas
*     sour cream and A1 added as toppings - the A1 may sound strange, but it seriously makes it delish!

How it's made:

First, you crack your eggs and add them to a warm skillet.  Meanwhile, add about 1 tablespoon of Evoo to skillet and add chicken.  Cook chicken thoroughly - season to taste with salt and pepper.  Shred the cheese and add half to the eggs. I use a whisk when I make eggs - it seems to work nicely.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Once eggs are cooked, spread evenly over tortilla. Top with other half of the cheese, sour cream and A1.  Enjoy!
chicken cooking in EVOO and salt and pepper

eggs mixed with cheese and a little salt and pepper


OK, so I had some down time while things were cookin' =)


very quick and easy dinner burrito - I forgot to take a picture with the sour cream and A1 but I'm sure you can use your imagination =)








Now for another fantastic dish! This seriously tops my "favorites" list - it is truly something special!  It is power packed with flavor! Here it is...


Fantastic Pesto Chicken Pasta


Ingredients for the Marinade:




  • 1&1/4 cup chicken broth






  • 2 tablespoons dried basil





  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano





  • 2 cloves garlic, minced





  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips







  • Ingredients for everything else:




  • 1 (16 ounce) package dried penne pasta





  • 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided





  • 1 large onion, diced





  • 1 tablespoon sugar





  • 1/2 (8 ounce) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced





  • 1 jar Classico Pesto Sauce





  • 1/3 cup pine nuts





  • 1/2 cup chicken broth





  • 1 cup heavy cream







  • salt to taste










    1. In a bowl, stir together chicken broth, dried basil, oregano, and minced garlic. Stir in chicken pieces.
    2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until just al dente, about 11 minutes. Drain & Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
    3. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and sprinkle with sugar. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts, and cook about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and marinade. Stir in 1/2 cup chicken broth. Simmer chicken pieces, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
    4. Add pasta and pesto to the skillet. Stir in cream, and cook until the sauce is thickened. Adjust salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and serve with freshly grated Parmesan.














    Today in the gym was fantastic.  I ran 3.30 miles in 32 minutes!!! It consistantly feels pretty good and I'm feeling stronger and stronger.  Yay!  My knee and ankles were tight and hurting a little bit the first half mile, but as the run progressed they felt great.  After my run I did some ab work. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment