background

3.08.2011

Live Strong!









I have 2 different workouts to tell you about.

Yesterday I was excited to be able to run outside! The run felt pretty good overall.  It was chilly and windy which was difficult to run in especially since I've gotten used to no wind and temp. control in the gym.  When I finished what I thought was 3 miles in 24 minutes I was super excited - only to be let down a little bit when I realized that in fact I had only run 2.75 miles.  One downside to not having the 'mill calculate the mileage for me.  What happened was Daniel had previously run this specific route to map it out and to see how far we had to run to reach 3 miles.  I misunderstood him when he was talking about the start/stop points.  Oh well, I was still happy with my time for the distance I ran. 
I came home to find Brock, Emma, and Daniel watching the P90X DVD. Ha-ha! To be fair, we just got the program and Daniel was checking it out.  It was pretty funny walking in to this guy working his tail off on TV and my family all comfortable on the couch watching him.   I checked out the section on abs and I may try to incorporate that into my weekly routine.  It's pretty hard core! But hey - swimsuit season is right around the corner and who doesn't want nice abs!

Today in the gym was a pretty light day, but still effective.  I worked my arms for 25 minutes and abs for 25 minutes.  That was followed by an intensive 5 minutes on the stair climber. 

Side Note:

Today was day 36 of working out in 2011!!! Yay!

I really want to encourage each of you to do some sort of work out - just a few times a week. Even if it's a brisk walk or some crunches & pushups in your living room.  Just get moving!
I can't tell you how much better I feel and how much more energy I have.  It's a great feeling to LIVE STRONG!!! 


Blessings and Love,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment