background

3.24.2011

Truly Fun Thursday!

Today has been a fun filled day!  Emma had her first day of achievement testing today so I dropped her off at 8am.  She was so excited and could hardly wait to get there.  She told me she has been looking forward to this since last years test!!! Haha! What a girl.  You're probably thinking that's kind of strange, but the reason she was excited was because of break time where they eat snacks and play in the gym.  Yeah, you thought for a second she was excited about the test... nope, she is just a social butterfly!!! 
Anyway, I ran by the house to pick the boys up so we could go running. Unfortunately, Daniel is having severe pain in his right foot so he couldn't run with me.  We bought him nice new running shoes yesterday, but apparently it was too late.  The last 2 runs with his old shoes really damaged something in his foot and now  he can hardly walk he's limping so badly!  Poor guy!!! He's going to rest it and hopefully be able to resume running soon.  He walked with Brock while I ran.  I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but this whole time I thought I was running an entire 5k distance at Shelby....well.....I really wasn't. GRRR! I was super close and within .20 miles, but still!!! Today, I found and started at the 5k start line and finished at the 5k finish line.  The wind and cold was pretty brutal on my bare legs and arms, but I overcame and had a great run.  I didn't realize how chilly today was going to be or I would've worn pants and long sleeves! I finished my run in 30 minutes and 35 seconds!!! I was very happy with that time considering that was only 35 seconds slower than I'd been running the shorter trail!  My knee is giving me some grief today.  I'm really not sure why because I didn't do anything differently during my run.  It started hurting at about mile 2.5 and it's a dull kind of annoying pain. It feels like it's behind my knee cap?! I'm going to take a day or two off from running and I'll see how it feels.  I'm really hoping it's nothing serious! 
This afternoon we spent 4 hours at the Arlington Park! One of my good friends lives in Arkansas and we just love to hang out when she comes in town with her 4 adorable kids!  Our kids get along beautifully and really have fun together! It was so great to catch up with her and enjoy the sunshine!

Till next time,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment