background

3.31.2011

Whew!


Today was endurance day for this girl.  I walked briskly for half a mile with an incline of 4 on the 'mill & then did 3 arm machines and 2 leg machines.  Hopped back on the 'mill and ran 2 miles in 18 minutes with an incline of 2.  Hopped off the 'mill again and did 10 more minutes of strength training. It was back to the 'mill again for a 1 mile run in 9 minutes. My pace started at 6.3 and I ended the mile with 7.5.   When my distance hit one mile I started to walk and I set the incline at 5.5 and walked a full mile.  I ran one more mile and finished it in 9:20. Finally, I finished my cardio with walking one more full mile. 

Total distance covered - 6.5 miles
Total distance I ran - 4 miles

I finished up my work out with 10 more minutes of strength training.

Total time at the gym - 1.5 hours

Let's just say that my legs are tired!!! It sure felt great though!







Let's talk BREAKFAST!!!






OK people, let me just say these muffins are to die for good!!! We usually buy plain ole' blueberry muffins and they are delicious, don't get me wrong. But, these Duncan Hines Bakery style ones are amazing!  I don't know if it's the whole wheat or the yummy crumb topping, but wow, I think I could eat these every single morning for breakfast!!!












Another breakfast favorite I'm loving is nutella! It basically rocks.  I've been toasting 2 pieces of honey wheat bread and spreading nutella goodness all over the warm toast and topping it with slices of banana. YUM!!!  Of course, I have my delicious cup of hot coffee right there too!



I'm not a huge breakfast fan to begin with so I'm always looking for easy, semi-healthy (just being honest),  and delicious choices.  These are two of my newer favorites!


Now, for a new recipe.  I didn't meal plan this week mostly because we went over on our grocery budget last week and I'm trying to use things we already have this week.  I decided that chicken would be the main ingredient and then Mexican just sounded good.  Then again, Mexican ALWAYS sounds good!  So, here's what I came up with. 

Mexi Chicken Wraps

I've posted a very similar recipe before, but this one is a little bit different. It's actually a little easier and faster.

Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breast, rinsed and sliced into strips
enough EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil - to coat the skillet
1.5 tablespoons Penzeys taco seasoning
1 can black beans
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup water
flour tortillas
one boil in a bag rice pkg.
juice from 1 lime
sour cream (optional)
salsa (optional)

How To:

Begin by rinsing and slicing your chicken into strips.  Heat a good sized skillet and drizzle enough EVOO to coat the bottom.  Add chicken and cook through.  Add taco seasoning, black beans, corn and water. Simmer about 10 minutes.  Squeeze the juice from one lime in the mixture the final minute of cooking time.  Meanwhile, cook boil-in-a-bag rice and set to the side when complete.  Layer chicken mixture on flour tortilla, along with rice, sour cream and salsa.  Enjoy. It's that easy! I think it took a total of about 10 minutes!




Till next time,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment