background

3.15.2011

a good run, anyone???


I want to talk just for a second about something I mentioned yesterday.  I purchased a belt that holds a small 6oz. water bottle for my outside runs.  It helped me tremendously on Saturday when I ran my 3 miler at Shelby Farms. I don't recommended drinking the entire thing on your run, but it is a good thing to get a sip here and there. Really just to moisten your throat.  I don't know about you, but when I run my throat gets extremely dry.  Anyway, I just wanted to expand on that a little bit and encourage you if you run outside at all to find something that will hold a small water bottle.  It will make a huge difference!


my water bottle belt
purchased from Dick's Sporting Goods
Cost - $ 29.99



Now for today's workout!

I was able to go the gym with my dad today.  It was such a special treat for both of us.  When I was growing up he was an avid runner and I would love to ride my bike along side him while he ran. He has always been such an inspiration to me in so many ways and one of those ways is how he has been so consistent to exercise!  In fact the entire reason he began running was because he wanted to be healthy and in shape for his girls.  He began running when my older sister, Ashley, was born.  So, when we got to the gym  I went straight to the 'mill and ran a pretty tough 3 miles. It was crazy hot in there and  I kept telling myself that this is good training for the hot summer coming up!!! It was seriously warm.  After running 3 miles I decided to walk on a high incline for half a mile and then slowly lower the incline as I approached one mile.  When the 'mill told me that I had gone 4 miles total, I decided to run one more mile.  I ran at a little slower pace than my first 3 miles, and surprisingly it felt pretty easy.  So total distance covered today was 5.30 miles!!! Yay!!! After my run I did weights for 30 minutes.  I worked each muscle group and I left feeling worn out but great!

Blessings and Love,
Allie









No comments:

Post a Comment