background

4.10.2012

bike, weights, and grilled chicken

In the gym

This morning I went to the gym for cross-training and weights.  I set the bike on hills - level 8 for 30 minutes.  I figured out that each hill last one minute and then it breaks...so your legs don't fall off, I think!!! Whew, I was a hot and sweaty mess when I got off the bike and headed to the weights.  I rode 8.5 miles total.  As for the weights I kinda hit all the major muscle groups.  I spent 30ish minutes and worked my legs, abs, and arms.



Lunch Time

As soon as I got home I began prepping lunch. 

Menu:

Grilled Honey BBQ chicken legs
quartered and seasoned baked potatoes
salad


Grilled Honey BBQ chicken legs

6-8 chicken legs, cleaned with skin off
1 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp garlic
1 /2 tsp coriander
dash salt/pepper

Once chicken is cleaned, place in gallon Ziploc bag and set aside.
Next, add BBQ, honey, garlic, coriander, salt/pepper to the bag and mix well.  Place in the fridge until ready to grill.


Quartered and Seasoned baked potatoes

6-10 potatoes, cleaned and dry
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbs. EVOO
1 Tbs. garlic powder
2 Tbs. Italian seasoning
salt/pepper


Begin by quartering the potatoes and placing in a bowl.  Mix butter, EVOO, garlic, Italian seasoning in a separate bowl.  Once mixed well, combine potatoes and sauce. Stir until all are coated.  Preheat oven to 350 and add potatoes to a large glass casserole dish.  Bake 30ish minutes or until potatoes are tender. Once plated, salt/pepper to taste.





Family Fun



While Daniel and I were grilling the kids were learning the special skill of drinking the yummy nectar from honeysuckle!!! That stuff is good!













Have a blessed day,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment