background

4.10.2012

 2012 Race Goals


I'm super excited to be writing this post because it is all about my personal fitness goals for this year.  

5K


There are a few 5Ks I would love to run in this year. 


Go Lucy Go - May 5th
Design a Wish - July 21
Race For The Cure - October 27
The Color Run - Sometime in October

There are 3 races in October...Race for the cure, The color run, and the Rock N Roll Half.  I highly doubt I can do them all...but, for now, I'm dreaming BIG!



10K

My first big goal is to run my 1st 10K race.  I have plans to check that off my list on June 23rd :)  74 days or roughly 10 weeks.  In 2 weeks I'll start Hal Higdon's 10k training program.  It's already on my fridge waiting for me. 







Half-Marathon


I'm beyond exited about achieving this goal.  I cannot wait until I can cross this off my list and put a 13.1 sticker on my SUV!!! I'm tentatively planning on running my first half on October 21.  It's in St. Louis so some details have to be worked out before I can completely commit!  It's the Rock N Roll Marathon series which means MUSIC all along the way! Totally my style!



Of all the races, I'm most excited about this one...The ST. JUDE HALF!!! I absolutely cannot wait to line up at that start line, race downtown and through St. Jude, and finally cross the finish line! Gives me chills just thinking about it :)
I plan on signing up as a St. Jude Hero and raising money!!! I just love St. Jude and am so happy to be a part of this great cause! So, be on the lookout for an opportunity to give to this amazing cause!




That about sums up my race goals for this year. Cannot wait to begin!

God bless,
Allie













No comments:

Post a Comment