background

4.27.2012

Keep Going!

Loving my new Under Armour Shorts!!! Who else LOVES getting new running clothes, or just clothes in general :)



Here's a quick recap of my last 2 workouts...

April 26th

Yesterday I was at the gym and I rode hills (intervals) level 8 for 20 minutes.  Covered 6 miles.  Felt good and really pushed through the hills!  I love cross-training days and I think they are very beneficial to my running!  After the bike, I did weights...legs, abs, and some arms.  I finished with 10 minutes on the stair climber on level 6.  That is sure to get the heart rate up and legs burning!


April 27th

Today I decided to run in my neighborhood.  Thought I could save on gas since the park is about 15 minutes away.   I stayed on a main street and realized about half way that I was going slightly downhill the whole way...SO, when I turned around to head home, it was all UPHILL with a few fairly steep sections! Whew, I was a hot mess when I got home, but I did it!  I ran 4.31 miles in 43 minutes :) 


Sorry if these post about my workouts are boring, but they help me during training because I can look back and see exactly what I have done and it helps me look forward to what I want to accomplish!

Now I'm off to register for some races! Yay!

I'm super sad that I won't be able to run in the goLucygo 5k....we are like triple booked for that morning already! Sad...maybe next year!!!

God Bless,
Allie

3 comments:

  1. I like reading about your workouts... helps me push myself a little more! I've been working up the courage to sign up for a race... lol. Can't seem to do it though. I just need to bite the bullet. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, Annie! I bit the bullet yesterday and signed up for my first 10K :) I'm so nervous but also so excited!!! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Readin about your workouts are definitely not being. Try motivate me while I'm training and working out as well!

    ReplyDelete