Pesto Chicken Pasta
Last night I prepared a super quick and easy Pesto Chicken Pasta. I had 20 minutes to throw it together and get it in the fridge before heading to Brock's soccer practice. It made dinner a breeze when we got back from soccer. All I had to do was heat it up and serve. Here's how it's done...
Ingredients
Fresh or Pre-made Pesto (mine was on sale for $1 at Kroger...the fresh kind)
4 small and thin chicken breast, thawed and sliced into bite-size pieces
milk or half and half, to thin it out a bit
12 oz. Pasta noodles
salt/pepper
garlic powder
Italian seasoning
EVOO
Directions
First, thaw and cut your chicken. Add 1 TBS EVOO to a skillet and cook chicken until no longer pink inside. I added a dash of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning just to add flavor to the chicken. Meanwhile, boil water for your pasta. When the water reaches it's boiling point, add several TBS of salt. This is the only seasoning your pasta will get so unless you want flavorless pasta, add salt generously. Once pasta is cooked and drained, add pesto and stir well. I didn't measure how much milk I added but it was just enough to moisten the dish. Finally, add your cooked chicken to the pasta and stir. We added Parmesan cheese at the table. That's it, super easy and delicious!!!
Enjoy
God Bless,
Allie
P.S. I am craving PB cookies...I'm about to head to the kitchen, give into my craving, and bake some!
I'll post the recipe asap!


No comments:
Post a Comment