Today was the 2012 Boston Marathon! I've had the best time watching the Live Feed off and on while doing housework! Man, these runners are AMAZING!!!
I've been following a blog the last year or so and this woman is such an inspiration. She has 12 children (9 are adopted) and she magically fits in her alone time each morning by running the cold streets of Wyoming. It's been super cool following her progress today as she ran in her first Boston Marathon. Her official time was 3:37:48!!! Go Erin! Check out her blog here
One of the announcers said,
"Success is gained not by strength, but by perseverance"
It's so true. Never give up...keep going!!!
As for my workout this morning. I felt like it went really well and feel like I'm getting stronger! YAY!
I was at the gym today so I started with a 5 min brisk walk for a warm up. I ran the first mile with an incline of 2.5. Miles 2-4 I alternated an incline between 1.5 and 3 every .30 of a mile. The final mile I ran with an incline of 1 and slowly increased the speed from 5.8 to 7.5 to finish. I ran 5 miles in 50 minutes and some odd seconds.
After some good stretching, I worked on my abs. I grabbed the ab training ball and a 10lb weight and did 100 sit ups. I start out lying flat on the ball and as I come up for the crunch I lift the weight out in front of my body. So basically a bench press along with a crunch if that makes any sense.
Finally, I got on the calf machine and did 50 reps with 95 pounds. Overall a good workout!
God Bless,
Allie
Farewell to the Blog
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment