In the Gym -
Today workout was good! It began with abs for 25ish minutes. I did planks, the usual ab machines, and I also tried something new. The ab stability ball! I could tell after very little time on this ball that it works! I'll definitely be using it again asap! After abs I moved on to cardio. Cardio today was 5 hard minutes on the 'mill. Again, I know 5 minutes isn't a long time, but keep in mind that it is a good idea to change up your workouts - keeps the muscles on their toes. I covered .75 miles in 5 minutes. Running that fast on the 'mill is still new to me but it definitely gets my heart rate up and my arms pumping!!! When cardio was complete it was time to work my arms. Total time on arms was about 25 minutes. When I was done - my water bottle had become increasingly heavier then it was before I began =) My arms were worn out - but it felt great. In the Kitchen -
Black Bean and Brown Rice Burritos
Ingredients:
Shredded cheese, minced garlic, and chopped onion |
- 1 teaspoon EVOO - extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1.5 cups brown rice, cook ahead of time
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Mexican style corn
- about 2 cups shredded cheese
- a spoonful of sour cream per burrito
- salsa (if you would like)
- flour tortillas
- a few splashes of chicken broth (to moisten the mixture)
| ingredients - all except the Evoo and chicken broth |
| prepared brown rice |
Directions:
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Saute 3 to 5 minutes until onion is tender. Add rice, beans and corn. Cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is thoroughly heated. Add a few splashes of chicken broth if mixture seems dry. It definitely needed some when I prepared this dish. The original recipe didn't call for it - I just felt it needed it.
- Remove from the heat. Spoon 1/2 cup of the rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 2 Tbsp. cheese, and sour cream. Roll the tortilla up and top with 1 Tbsp. salsa.
Enjoy =) It's delicious!!!
| fantastic and healthy burrito! |
| Emma's plate =) |
Blessings,
Allie

That looks delicious Allie!! I am adding this to my menu!!
ReplyDeleteDid you enjoy your sleep in day as much as I did?
Awesome, you'll have to let me know how you like it! It also makes great leftovers. Yes, I loved sleeping in =)
ReplyDelete