background

2.25.2011

Yay for FRIDAY



Today's dish is one of my favorites.  Fish, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Uncle Ben's Rice. I know it's not the healthiest meal ever with 2 starches, but who cares - It's delicious!!!

Ingredients for the Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
  • 8 potatoes (Yukon makes the best mashed)
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • fresh minced garlic
  • heavy cream
  • cream cheese
  • milk
  • salt/pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Scrub and dry potatoes - heat a large pot on the stove with a dash of salt
  2. cube potatoes
  3. Add cubed potatoes to boiling water
  4. Mince about 4 cloves of garlic
  5. Add garlic to potatoes
  6. Once potatoes are fork tender - drain water and return to pot
  7. Grab your hand mixer and little by little add milk to it's desired consistency & mix
  8. Once your potatoes are just about the perfect mashed consistency, add about 1/2 cup heavy cream
  9. Add  2 oz.. room temp. cream cheese
  10. Mix well
  11. Salt and pepper to taste
These are heavenly!!!!


Ingredients for Tilipia:

  • 6-8 Tilipia fillets (adjust to fit your family - mine were super tiny fillets so I made 8 and we ate about 6)
  • Chef Paul Prudhommes Magic Seasoning Blends - Seafood Magic
  • EVOO
Directions:

  1. Thaw fillets
  2. Heat Evoo in pan (enough to coat the bottom)
  3. Add fillets to the hot pan
  4. Sprinkle Seafood Magic over each fillet
  5. Half way through cooking time, flip and season the other side
  6. Fish is done when white and flaky



YUM!!!














Today was a great day in the gym.  It was cardio day!  I felt so much better running today.  After I posted yesterday I realized that I failed to explain why yesterday's run was so hard.  First off I had lifted heavy weights with my legs for 30 minutes and then I set the 'mill at a  much faster pace than I normally run. I also had a slight incline.  Ha-ha - makes more sense now. But I truly think the days you push yourself to the max are some of your most productive days! So, now for today's workout.  On cardio days I run first.  I decided not to set the timer on the 'mill today and see if I could exceed my previous 3.05 mile run this past Monday.  I felt pretty good the entire run and am happy to say that I ran 3.20 miles in 32 minutes! Yay!!! Gotta love progress.  After I ran I decided to do some weights.  I worked my abs for about 10 minutes, legs for about 15 minutes, and arms about 5.  I left feeling great!!!!


Blessings,
Allie

Be sure to check out my new Blog Header - I designed it this morning =)






2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog Allison. You have a new follower. Come visit my blog.
    http://www.shannonhaynes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweetie! I just checked yours out and it is darling!!! Your boys are precious!

    ReplyDelete