background

2.15.2011

Keep Going -

In the gym -

Today I woke up feeling a little under the weather, but determined to workout anyway.  This crazy change in the weather is throwing my body off, I guess.  Once I began to workout, I started to feel better and was glad I got out of my warm bed.  I started off working my abs.  There are 4 different machines and I did 3 to 4 sets of 20 reps each. After that we decided to try PLANKS - watch this video and give them a try! They really work!!!

We also did a side plank and alternated sides. Then it was hard cardio for 5 minutes. I know 5 minutes isn't a long time, but since there are 3 cardio days a week, we only do a little cardio on alternate days.  So, I hopped on the "mill" and bumped up the speed very quickly. I ran most of the time at 6.5 mph and the last minute and a half at 7.5 mph.  Total distance covered was .78 miles. It was a hard and fast 5 minutes.  After cardio, it was time to workout my arms.  There are 6 machines and I rotate through them 4 sets each.  We also try to save 5 to 10 minutes at the end of the workout for stretching. 

Today was a zoo day with friends!!! We had a great time and walked several miles ( a little extra cardio for the day =) We were there about 3 and a half hours!


                                              Becca, Brock, Emma, and Nate


In the Kitchen -

Tonight I prepared Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo - YUMMIE!!!

Ingredients -
  • 1 pound diced chicken
  • 1 jar Bertolli Garlic Alfredo sauce
  • 1 to 2 tsp. italian seasoning
  • 11/2 cups of frozen broccoli
  • fettucini noodles
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • parmasan cheese

Directions -

  1. Dice chicken and heat 1 tablespoon of EVOO in a sauce pan
  2. Add chicken to EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and cook through
  3. Add alfredo sauce, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper
  4. Cook noodles and add frozen broccoli the last 2 minutes of cooking time. *Don't overcook the pasta!!!
  5. Drain noodles and broccoli and add to the sauce
  6. Sprinkle with parmasan cheese


                                                                     The sauce


                                                               The finished meal

I served our Alfredo with a delicious salad & Ken's light italian dressing. Very tasty dish and the kids LOVED it and ate every bite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment