background

2.11.2011

Mind over Matter

Today was leg strengthening day at the gym.  That basically means we (me and Emily) hit every leg machine at the gym and do 20 to 30 reps and 3 to 4 sets.  We pick 2 machines and alternate between the two. It is exhausting, but totally worth it. We did this for 30 minutes.  We decided to stretch at home and hit the treadmill for a little longer. So, we set the timer for 25 min. and away we went.  I walked briskly for 1 minute and then took off running.  I ran for 24 minutes and ended at 2.5 miles (before cool down).  I was happy with that!  It's cool coming home and writing down my times and distances each time I run, and looking back to see how far I've come. I was barely able to run 1.67 miles just 11 runs ago! =)

I never knew how mental running was, but it's amazing when I start thinking "I'm going to pass out...I can't go any further" I really really struggle. On the flip side, when I think positively and encourage myself, the run is so much easier.  I'm really working on that aspect of running right now.  Mind over matter!!!

Here is a picture of us with our kids!
Brock, Emma, me, Nate, Emily, and Becca


Overall, today's workout felt great! I'm counting down the days until I can get my new running shoes. I think they'll help a lot! Emily and I both need new shoes and decided that we would go together after we completed day 30! As our little reward =) We completed day 23 today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment