background

2.16.2011

Wonderful Wednesday!

In the kitchen -                     

Waffle Wednesday!!!         

Emma, my oldest, decided a while ago that she wanted to cook waffles and eggs a few Wednesday mornings here and there. Well, she decided last night that today would be another Waffle Wednesday.  She set her alarm for 7:30 and went to bed anxiously awaiting breakfast time.  7:30 came and she bounded down the stairs ready to make everyone a delicious breakfast.  First, she gathered all the ingredients for the waffles and laid everything out for the eggs.  I started the coffee and we began to cook.  She is 8 yrs. old and very willing to help out in the kitchen, so I let her do most everything.  She measured out the dry and wet ingredients and whisk it all together.

making sure the water was measured out exactly right


measuring out the oil

Then it was time to cook the waffles.  She did a great job filling the waffle iron.  It was so cute watching her every few seconds check to see if the "waffles are ready" indicator light was on.



So happy to call her my daughter!



Next, it was the boys turn to prep and cook the eggs.  Brock, my 3 yr. old, also loves to help in the kitchen. So, we allowed him to crack the eggs!

gotta love Emma's expression here - I'm not sure she fully trust in his egg cracking abilities!

Yes, those big hunks of goodness are hunks of Velveeta cheese!!! Oh yeah, it makes it awesome!!!


So, that's that! Waffle Wednesday was a huge success.  I just love any opportunity to get my kids cooking in the kitchen! 

Waffle Wednesday success! It was delicious!





Today's workout -

Today was GORGEOUS outside.  Emily and I decided early this morning to skip the gym. Her feet and ankles were sore and I am still a little under the weather.  I just couldn't stay inside with the weather so nice, so Daniel and I took the kids on a walk in our neighborhood.  We walked a brisk 3.09 miles or 5000 steps!!! It felt great to be outdoors with the gorgeous sunshine and nice breeze.  When we got home, Emma and I stretched and then I sent the kids to the backyard to play.  I decided to do some planks!!! Total time was 5 minutes - they wear me out quick! I'm glad to be feeling a little better overall today and hope to be back in the gym tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. Love that they enjoy doing things in the kitchen with you-too cute! :) Those eggs look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! I love that their interested in cooking =) Yeah, you gotta try the eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete