WORKOUT -
Mondays are always hard for me to get into the workout mode! I find it to be the hardest day to crawl out of my warm bed, put on my running shoes, and get out the door. However, the payoff is definitely worth it.
Today was cardio day. I set the "mill" for 25 minutes and away I went. To my surprise when my time was up, I wasn't completely worn out! I actually jogged most of my cool down. I ran most of the distance at 6.0 mph and the last two minutes I upped the pace. From 6.5 and then 7.0 the final minute. I felt strong - and it felt great!!! How strange on the day I felt so sluggish coming into the run - that I would feel the best I'd felt on a run yet?! After the run, I jumped on the stair climber and did around 575 steps =) Overall, today felt great and I'm already looking forward to tomorrow!
TODAY'S DISH-
We usually have what most people have for dinner at lunch - due to my hubs work schedule. He is able to eat lunch with us daily, so I try to prepare the larger meal at that time so he can enjoy it with us. Today, was taco salad day! It was exactly what I wanted and it hit the spot.
Here's the recipe -
Taco Salad
Ingredients -
1 pound of ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons ketchup (strange, I know, but really good)
tomato
avocado
sour cream
tortilla chips
1/2 block of cheese of your choice ( I used Colby bc it is what I had on hand )
salad
Directions -
1. brown your beef and drain the grease
2. add taco seasoning pkg.
3. add ketchup and mix well
4. chop 1 tomato & 1 avocado, grate cheese, and tear salad into small pieces
5. layer it up - tortilla chips, ground beef mixture, cheese, salad, avocado, tomatoes, & sour cream. I also added some cheese dip (rotel and Velveeta) bc it was already prepared from a few nights ago.
Taco salad is one of those recipes that can so easily be altered to your specific taste. I know you're probably hesitant about the ketchup, I know I was at first, but I promise it is good!
P.S. I'm going with Magnificent Monday!!!
Blessings,
Allie
Farewell to the Blog
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment